Let us help you help York!
We seek to support effective collaboration between nonprofits along with other community partners and non-profits to produce vital and authentic urban experiences that are attractive to residents and businesses. To request funding and complete annual reporting, please follow these application steps.
Download and complete the Grant Application Form
Along with the Grant Application Form, please include the following:
- Full name of the organization with EIN number; mailing address; contact person/title; telephone number; organization type, i.e. corporation, foundation, association, etc.; a summary of the organizations goals and a description of the services provided by the organization; length of time in business; and a list of all Directors and Officers.
- A copy of the organization’s letter from the Internal Revenue Service stating that they are exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3).
- A description of the project or purpose for which funds are being requested.
- A total budget for the project, including a detailed list of expenses and all sources of support for the project.
- A copy of the requesting organizations most recent financial statement and IRS Form 990.
- A statement indicating that the requested funds will be used in York City or York County, Pennsylvania.
- Amount being requested and the date when funds are needed.
- Any additional information that might be helpful to the Foundation’s Board of Directors in evaluating the request.
Grant applications must be typewritten and forwarded to:
Powder Mill Foundation
Attention: Michael H. Hady, III, President and CEO
140 East Market Street
York, PA 17401
Please send one copy only – no binders or binding of any type, no sheet protectors, and no two-sided copies.
Grant applications can also be delivered via email. All requested materials including the Grant Application form should be scanned and packaged as a zip file. The zip file should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Powder Mill Foundation’s Board of Director’s meets quarterly to review funding requests. The deadlines for application submittal are:
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
Powder Mill Foundation is requesting that all Grant recipients complete an evaluation form at the end of each year. The Evaluation Form can be downloaded in either MS Word format or as a PDF. Evaluation forms are due no later than December 31 annually.